My very first short story publication, for the very first story I ever wrote, to the very first magazine I submitted it to. I’m still pinching myself…
“Sunlight” will be published in Abyss and Apex magazine in their Q4 edition this year. I’ll post a link as soon as it’s available online.
And just to point out the incredibly small world that we all live in, Alan Smale (also listed in A&A’s recent acquisitions) and I used to sing catches and rounds as part of a wandering troupe at the MD Renaissance festival so many years ago. Check out his incredible work, reviews and upcoming stories online at http://www.alansmale.com/.
Among the things that will be banished from memory upon the falling temperatures and impending arrival of fall will be:
- Tree falling on roof and smashing large hole in said roof
- Rain entering attic through hole from tree and soaking into insulation
- Bedroom ceiling collapsing and spreading sopping wet insulation and fiberglass over bed, bedding, closet, etc.
- Tree impaling car with massive body damage
- Car taking 4 weeks to be fixed
- LARGE insurance deductibles
- 18 year old uninsured, unlicensed driver going through a red light and sideswiping my son and I in our rental car
- Virginia heat and humidity
- Stray cats who think my front garden is a litter box
- Missing Uncle Orson’s Boot Camp
And now, let us never speak of this summer again. Onwards to Fall! To school, to writing time, to chilly noses, to the aroma of cinnamon and apple, to pumpkin pies and scarves.